“Actors' Playhouse Musical Theatre for Young Audiences is proud to present an “All Kids Included” sensory-friendly performance of Puss In Boots on Saturday, July 20 at 11 a.m.
Everyone’s favorite swashbuckling “Feline in Footwear” shines in this musical retelling of the classic tale by Charles Perrault. Discover how Puss gets his Bodacious Boots and Flashy Fedora, and then join him as he helps the Miller’s youngest son go from rags to riches. Can Puss convince the King that the poor Miller’s son is the Marquis de Carabas? Can he help the Miller’s son win the hand of the beautiful Princess and trick the Ogre out of his castle? The answers await you in this terrific “tail” of intrigue and cunning.
Sensory-friendly performances are designed and intended for families with children having Sensory Processing and Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). At these performances the theatre environment will be altered, providing a sensory-friendly, comfortable space that is welcoming for these families.
Sensory-friendly accommodations include:
• "Going to the Show" Pre-Show Guide for teachers and parents
• Lights remain on, but low dimmed, inside the theater
• Comfortable volume & consistent sound levels, elimination of loud sound effects
• Noise canceling headphones or earplugs available upon request
• Kids free to talk and leave their seat under parental supervision
• “Quiet Area” (staffed by volunteer specialists)
• Volunteer specialists stationed throughout the theater to lend assistance to families
• Family bathrooms (gender-neutral)
Click this link to view the "Going To The Show" guide to preparing for your visit: http://bit.ly/2wpjzb0”